Nintendo 3DS launch day lineup
Only five days remain until Nintendo’s glasses-free 3DS portable device makes its North American debut on March 27. The handheld system will ship alongside 18 titles on day one.
Three first-party titles accompany the 3-D-enabled portable game console on store shelves and it is as follows:
- “Pilotwings Resort”
- “Steel Diver”
Three different versions of “nintendogs + cats”:
- “nintendogs + cats: French Bulldog and New Friends”
- “nintendogs + cats: Golden Retriever and New Friends”
- “nintendogs + cats: Toy Poodle and New Friends”
The three Nintendo of America-published games will be priced at $39.99 each.
The 13 third-party games available on launch day will include:
- “Super Street Fighter IV” (Capcom)
- “The Sims 3” (Electronic Arts)
- “Madden NFL Football” (EA Sports)
- “Pro Evolution Soccer 2011” (Konami)
- “Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars” (LucasArts)
- “Ridge Racer 3D” (Namco Bandai)
- “Super Monkey Ball 3D” (Sega)
- “Bust-A-Move Universe” (Square Enix)
- “Samurai Warriors: Chronicles” (Tecmo Koei)
- “Asphalt 3D” (Ubisoft)
- “Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs 3D” (Ubisoft)
- “Rayman 3D” (Ubisoft)
- “Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Shadow Wars” (Ubisoft)
The 3DS joins Nintendo’s current family of gaming hardware including the Nintendo Wii console and 3DS-predecessor, Nintendo DS handheld.
The Nintendo 3DS is backwards compatible with Nintendo DS software, so owners of the dual-screen handheld don’t have to worry whether their collection of DS titles will be obsolete or not.